You’re welcome, to this rustic farm stay Margaret River!
Available to rent by groups, this farm stay property boasts a 4 bedroom 4 bathroom rustic farmhouse which sleeps up to 12 guests.
“Heartland House” is a farm stay that welcomes weddings and small gatherings. The farm house at the Margaret River Heartland has 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, a library, and an area for computers. Including sofa beds, the entire space can sleep up to 12 people.
The main rooms are generous in size, and each has its own advantage:
- ROOM 1: QS bed with wardrobe, bar fridge, small TV, and toilet/bathroom next door. It has easterly views, so block-out curtains are provided. Has a sliding door to the outside.
- ROOM 2: QS bed with WIR, bar fridge, TV, ensuite with heat lamps, air conditioning.
- ROOM 3: QS bed with walk-through-robe leading to a modern shower/toilet overlooking the back yard. Has a ceiling fan in the bedroom.
- ROOM 4: KS bed in the loft space along with a single bed and a fold-out sofa for one person.
Unlike other short-term rentals, we encourage weddings!
There are lots of places on the farm where you can marry (requires a separate hire agreement to avoid double-booking with other couples).
We also have a landscaped garden that has been set up with long-lunches in mind. Enough trestle tables and chairs to seat up to 40 guests can be hired at $5/chair and $10/table.
Being a Marriage Celebrant, I have first-hand experience of many of the local suppliers, and would be happy to make recommendations. For example, I can refer you to caterers and stylists who know the space and know what they’re working with. For all other service providers we encourage you to visit the Margaret River Bride and Groom website which lists *only local* professionals.
Warning: “Rustic house on farm” =
* cobwebs (they can pop up overnight!),
* country sounds (ear plugs are supplied just in case you can’t cope with the sound of birds, frogs etc!),
* country smells (cattle, hay, etc). If you are sensitive to dust, pollen etc, please pack your antihistamines.
* Some sections of porch are open to the garden with a drop of 1m. There are electric fences, spiders, unfenced dams and (touch wood), possibly snakes. Therefore, this place is not suitable for toddlers.
Being a rural property and a farmhouse style of home, expect a “lived in” feel. For many people this makes them feel right at home. However, this would not suit those who prefer 5-star-hotel level of mirror-finish-clean.
One advantage, however, is that being on a farm, you can make as much noise as you like (within reason — on still nights, loud music can be heard next door).
Also, the air is clean, the stars are boundless, and there is plenty of space to reconnect with nature.
Due to electric fences, livestock, unfenced dams and other considerations, children must be strictly supervised at all times.
Being a rural property, there is a large population of kangaroos in the area. Guests therefore need to exercise due care when travelling to and from the property.
There is a lot of original art hanging in the home (a lot of which is for sale). An inventory of the art and various kitchen items will be provided at the start of your stay. Any breakages or damage will be deducted from your security deposit.
Further, a cleaning fee of $50/hour will be charged for any extra cleaning required over and above what the cleaning fee includes:
* clean linen and towels on arrival
* bathrooms cleaned and freshened
* vacuuming / sweeping of all rooms and common areas
* basic cleaning of obvious cobwebs
It would be appreciated if you could please leave the kitchen (and house in general) in the same state (as much as practicable) as you found it in.
Not suitable for pets
Not safe or suitable for infants (Under 2 years)
Conserve water (we are on rain water)
Conserve power (we are on solar which can’t cope with hair straighteners being left on all day, etc)
Be mindful of what you flush down the loo (we are on septics and don’t want the job of cleaning out large objects!)
No tents or caravans (the solar power and hot water are at capacity with a full house).
View Availability / Book Your Accommodation
You can view the calendar of this 4 bedroom 4 bathroom rustic farmstay accommodation via its AirBnB booking page.
For smaller groups, you can click here to view all accommodation options at the Margaret River Heartland.
You will find the Heartland House farm stay at 384 Miamup Rd, Cowaramup. Do look for the markers at the driveway entrance, rather than trusting Google Maps – sometimes those directions send you to the wrong gate!
Note, this entrance is not for wedding ceremony guests — they must use the next gate / entry south (heading towards Cowaramup).